Wellshire Farms Healthy RecipesPrint
Wellshire New England Clam Chowder
6 oz Can Clams with Juice
1 Small Onion small dice
4 Stalks Celery small dice
6 Strips of Wellshire Black Forest Bacon chopped
1 Cup Heavy Cream
To taste Salt
To taste Pepper
¼ Cup Flour
2 Small Potato’s cut into bite size pieces
½ Cup Water
2. Combine the juice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat
4. In a heavy sauce pot, render the bacon over medium heat.
5. Add the onions and celery cook slowly until they are soft, but do not brown.
6. Add the flour and stir to make a roux. Cook the roux slowly for 3-4 minutes, but do not let it brown.
7. Using a wire whip, slowly stir the clam liquid and water into the roux. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly
8. Add the potatoes. Simmer until tender.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Back to Recipes